When your intentional about something - you are PRESENT and FOCUSED on what you want and how you want to feel!
5 tips on how to successfully set your intentions for the day
- AND STICK TO THEM!
1. Set yourself up for success - choose to either write them down the night before going to bed OR allow yourself to have a few minutes in the morning before your day begins.
2. Write it down - I personally think when you write things down, you are taking that extra step to confirm what you want. When you know what you want, you are more likely to achieve it. It’s also a great way to journal through the year how you were thinking and feeling (GREAT TO REFLECT ON THE YEAR!).
3. MAKE SURE IT IS SOMETHING POSITIVE - for example if you write down “Today I will stop being lazy.” First off this doesn’t give you any direction on what you want AND having negative thoughts will hinder you from reaching what you desire. INSTEAD try to write “Today I will make time to walk the dog - because it makes me happy and I feel great mentally and physically after.”
4. Check in - revisit your list of daily intentions through the day and reflect on how you are doing. If this helps you stay focused GREAT, if it causes you anxiety then ditch this step.
5. BE YOU - don’t write intentions down that you think other people would write. You are not competing to have a better day or better thoughts than anyone else. What might be important to one person, may not be to another.
When you set an intention you are moving purposefully through your day, and taking control of what you want out think and feel (physically, mentally and emotionally) throughout the day.
Keep it simple. Don’t over complicate it.
Make sure it reflects how you want to think and feel physically and emotionally.
Meg DeSalvo Fit